Hello from New Hampshire

Hey, it's been a while.  I started this blog when I moved to El Paso as a way to learn about the new area I lived in and find a hobby as I got accustomed to my new home.  My last post was in March of 2014 and a lot has changed in these past 4 years.  I went to Grad school and got my MBA (Go Miners!).  Right after I graduated (literally the next day),  the husband and I packed up our lives and the fur babies and moved to the East Coast for Joe's new job.  A 48 hour straight drive landed us in the Seacoast of New Hampshire.  One year into our new home we were lucky to welcome our first child into the world - Miss Alice Mae, so we've been busy recently trying to figure out this whole parenting thing.

Our little nugget Alice

It's beautiful in New Hampshire - there are mountains, forest and the ocean. To be honest, I knew nothing about New Hampshire before we moved here. I think it's a place many do not know much about unless they live in the Northeast.  Honestly I used to think it was next to Connecticut? However I also thought Boston was south of New York City so I really needed to get up to speed on my U.S. geography apparently.

Enjoying the coastal view
 Moving to New Hampshire has really made me want to pick up writing with this blog again. I have missed it, it was a fun and creative way for me to talk about one of my favorite topics food- which is one thing that hasn't changed.  New Hampshire is a great place to be if you love food.  It's scenic and rustic and that is reflected in it's food.  There is a  large focus of eating and supporting local food sources and sharing the history of the area. It's also surrounded by food meccas in Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts making it easy to do a lot food (and brew ) based traveling.  I have a long list of things I'm eager to see and try in my new home. I'm hoping this blog will give me a focus to work through that list.

Although living in a new place has brought new experiences becoming a Mom has also brought new experiences and challenges when it comes to cooking. My days of drinking a glass of wine and leisurely working my way through a recipe to eat at 8 pm are gone.  I work full time, so it has been a challenge to get home and make timely, nutritious dinners for Alice  As I find things that work for me, I hope to share them here as well, even if it's just for my own memory!

Joe and Alice -visiting "Moo Moos" 

Comments